U17 Program Outline
The Outdoor Season start date has been delayed. The anticipated start date is May 10th, 2021
Players Born January 1, 2004, and Dec 31, 2005 (Gender Specific play)
Nine weeks starting the week of April 26, 2021, and ending the week of June 21, 2021.
Week one is weather-dependent and will not be rescheduled unless they are Regular Season Games. Games that need to be rescheduled will be per the SPDSA rescheduling guidelines and subject to field availability. (Program dates subject to change based on COVID19 restrictions).
Four hours of soccer per week - 2 x 90-minute games plus practice per week (Practice at the discretion of the team) (recommended 60 to 90-minute practice) Practice fields are not included in fees and there may be an additional fee collected by the coach to cover field rentals.
Days/Nights of Play
- Sunday Afternoons (1:00 pm or later Start times) and Thursday Evenings evenings with 6:00 pm or 7:30 pm start times.
- Game days and start times may be subject to change, pending field availability and whether SPDSA or EMSA League.
- * Dates and times subject to change-
- Minimum 4 teams are required to form a league where a league is not viable, the team(s) will be entered into the Edmonton Minor Soccer League (EMSA). The league will determine the start and end date of the season.
- Practice/Game StructurePractice - 1 v 1 - 8 v 8 skill builders, small-sided games, and functional practices match Play - 11 v 11 (10 v 10 plus goalkeepers) with 2 x 45 minute halves
- Registration and Fees
- $380.00 Early Bird rate until March 15th. Rates will increase by $25.00 on March 16th.
- The fee includes shorts, socks and a jersey. (Players are required to provide shin pads and footwear)
- DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS MARCH 23RD
For more information on the U17 program click on the following PDF link "U17 Outdoor Program Outline".