SPDSA SKILLS CENTRE
Technical, Physical, Mental and Social player development
- U5-U6 Players - Active Start Program, â€œMe and My Ballâ€
- U7-U8 Players - FUNdamentals Program, â€œMe and My Friendâ€
- U9-U10 Players - Learning to Train Program, â€œThe Start of Usâ€
- U11-U12 Players - Learning to Train Program, â€œThe Start of Usâ€
- U13-14 Players - Soccer For Life Program, â€œPlay for Lifeâ€
- U10-U16 Goalkeepers
- The Skill Centre focus is on individual player development.
- Keen players need a program designed to deliver more training hours, in a structured environment, with skilled coaches.
- The Skill Centre provides an age and stage appropriate learning environment for all players, regardless of their baseline skill levels and game understanding.
- The Skill Centre is not to replace other grassroots programs, rather training at the Skill Centre complements these programs by enriching each players learning and development.
- Sessions are led by the SPDSA Technical Department Staff.
- Parent coaches may assist at stations, as a coaching development opportunity.
- Program is structured following the Canada Soccer and FIFA Preferred Training Model. In this approach each training session is built around activity â€œstationsâ€ that the players move around at regular intervals.
- The stations focus on, Fundamental Movement, Soccer Technique, Coordination, and Small Sided Games.
- Each age and stage of development has a technical curriculum that follows the guidelines set out in Canada Soccerâ€™s LTPD.
- Players are grouped based on age and stage of development.
- Registration details are on the SPDSA website
Benefits of Skill Centre
- A training curriculum that respects the developmental age of players and recognizes the differences in baseline skill levels of players
- Consistency in the quality of coaching and training curriculum
- Extra training hours and individualized attention for players who possess a keen interest in the game.
- Development of the Playerâ€™s Technical (Ball Mastery, Ball Progression and Decision-making), Social (Respect and Values, Communication), Physical (Agility, Balance, Coordination, Speed) and Mental (Creativity, confidence, and concentration) skills.